why does my daughter hate me??????

Friend

May 17, 2008
my 20 years old daughter hate me so much and she is always rude to me. she thinks that she know everything and call me stupid. i have try talking to her and told her i love u so much and try to raise her in 5 star life and i did my best. she said that she grow up watching tv and i was never their for her and thats not true at all. as i work full time and i always drop her to school and childminder pick her up from school and then i use to pick her up at 6pm from childminder. come home help her with home work and house work etc and working mom can understand me that what i m try to say. we always went on holidays, usa, paris etc etc. i do not know where i have missed or went wrong and best of my knoladge that i have done best that i could do. she thinks what i have done nothing... i can't get throgh to her and when ever i try to talk to her the end i m in wrong. some time i feel so sad and do not know what should i do. please help me.. i love my daughter so much...

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is treating you so badly. My step-sister does the same to her mother. I can only offer you the same advise that I do my Step mom, that is to realize that your daughter is a selfish person at this point in her life (through no fault of yours) and that hopefully in time she will realize how wrong she is and how much she is hurting you. I have even tried to speak to my step sister with no luck (she thinks she is perfect and I have issues!) All you can do is keep the lines of communication open, and above all else don't let her put you down or make you feel like you did not do enough for her. This is all on her.

I really hope she comes around, no parent deserves to be treated badly when they've done all they can do for their children.

Keep your chin up, best wishes to you.

To be honest with you some parents give so much to their children material things and also time and love that the children want even more from you....they are not satisfied....some children compare their life to others....they don't stop to see what they have at home....because they have not lived long enough to appreciate your love and time and everything else you have given. When she is older and on her own maybe then her eyes will open....many families go through this. One problem some parents do is to say YES too much to what their children ask for.....the child needs to know there are some things not available ..that you have to work hard to get it....a child needs a balance in life so when they leave home they can be satisfied and not think the world owes them a living.....everyone learns they must crawl before they walk..like a baby....your daughter is just pulling your strings...being very childish....all you can do is leave her alone you have said all you can to her.....one day she will wake up to the truth....be patient even though it's so hard when you are hurting so much.
Best to you,
Mama Jazzy Geri

i'm having a real difficult struggle with my daughter who is 24 ,And for any reason to find she will cut off all communication for me .
I can't cope with her rudeness anymore she simply hates me.
Please help me get through this rough time .

Back