Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do I fix a "SMS restriction -50" when I text message a different area code

number from a Motorola W260g? I have a "218" number, I'm trying to text a "807" from Canada, right across the border. I can text a "218" number and it will send completely, but when I text an "807" number, it fails, and shows "Check SMS restrictions -50, Message is unable to send". I've had another cellphone, Motorola V170 in "218" and it did send messages to out of town. I've looked around all sites, even Motorola.com itself, hoping that someone else has posted a question like this.

Unregistered

Star Blue same problem - HELP PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by kbb1245 View Post
    number from a Motorola W260g? I have a "218" number, I'm trying to text a "807" from Canada, right across the border. I can text a "218" number and it will send completely, but when I text an "807" number, it fails, and shows "Check SMS restrictions -50, Message is unable to send". I've had another cellphone, Motorola V170 in "218" and it did send messages to out of town. I've looked around all sites, even Motorola.com itself, hoping that someone else has posted a question like this.
    im having a problem sending to a 613 area code. this sucks, can anybody help cause my friend moved away and now we cant text eachother cause i have this phone

Unregistered

same prob

same here

Unregistered

fone restriction

ya the same thing happens to my samsung r451c

Unregistered
    im trying to send a text message from a 530 to a 204 area code, from U.S.A. to canada, but my phone wont let me, can anybody help me out?

Unregistered

help?

I'm fairly sure you have to change your phone so it is able to send/recieve internationally, some do automaticly some dont. (just my opinion)

coolernues
    I'm trying to call a 218 number from 613 Bell Canada landline. The service I'm calling, FreeConferenceCall indicates that they have known issues with the 218 area code being blocked by some providers, and Bell Canada is one name they recognized. I tried googling to see if there was something from Bell about this, which is why I got here. Will keep on searching.

FWIW. FreeConferenceCall gave me a different call in numbers to try in 209 and 951 area codes. Both worked.

chadsuko-time
    im sending from a 651 to a 807 on a samsung track phone... and it wont send says rist 50 anyone know anyhting?

Unregistered
    Trying to send from a 484 to a 613

Unregistered
    I'm trying to send a text withinn my own area code just 4 miles away from my own location. I use a Tracfone. When I called them about it, they told me to send myself a text and that would clear it out. It did for a day or two. Then it started up again. Now I have to send myself a text nearly every time I want to text someone. It costs me minutes to text myself in order to get to text someone else!