I want to travel but feel bad about leaving my family.?

FY

Jul 6, 2008
Ok, I have travelled enough, lived in a few countries alone. But I am willing to travel more, and this time with my bf. My parents do not seem to care about my travelling, but my grandparents really want me to stay in my country. I feel really bad leaving them since they spent time and money on me.
Is there anyone in a situation like me out there? How would you deal a family situation like this?

Yes, it is time to grow up and cut the strings. You can always call and visit, but it is time for you to live your life.

Yes, I am studying in England this fall, and my family is at times supportive but at times they want me to stay here. I say you have to go for it--it's your life and you have to do what you want with it. Tell them that you're grateful for all that they've done for you, but that you want to get out and explore the world. If they really love you, they will understand and will be supportive of you. :)

Travel. The only family members that should put the kibbosh on your wanderlust are: your parents if you are a minor or your spouse and children due to finances or job and school responsibilities. Send your grandparents some nice things and pictures and postcards from the place you visit and have fun.

Back