Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jehovah's Witnesses... What religion were you in before learning the Truth?

I'm curious about what caused some of you to accept what you learned from the Bible. For me, I was a Southern Baptist for 14 years. I remember praying and asking God WHY there was so much wickedness in the world? Why those that did bad things seemed to get away with it, where those that tried to lead good lives seemed to suffer. I was in a very abusive marriage and tried to commit suicide. I ALWAYS hid from Jehovah's Witnesses. The next morning they came to my door, and the rest is history! All my questions have been answered satisfactorilly. No "MYSTERIES". Of course there are many things I have learned and loved about the TRUTH. But that was my immediate question at the time. I have been a Witness now for almost 30 years. What did it for you?
    I remember well the fire and brimstone teachings in my former church. I was so glad to learn that Jehovah is a God of Love, and the illustrations of fire in the Bible had a symbolic meaning. As far as the words that are sometimes translated "hell" such as was mentioned: hades and sheol, these represent mankind's common grave, where there is a hope of a resurrection. Gehenna is different, it represents the second death, or permanent destuction. The Bible teaches that the wages sin pays is death, not hellfire. ANYWAY, this question was mainly to see where my fellow Witnesses were before they became a worshiper of Jehovah. Not to stir up contentions. I don't mean to cause hard feelings.
    Accidently mispelled destruction. I never said we were perfect! Hahaha!
    As for your question about Matthew 10:28, When Jesus said not to fear those who kill the body, but fear him that can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna. It is referring to the person not having the hope of a resurrection. Soul here refers to his future life. He would experience permanent death. Fire represents destruction, not a continuous burning, and burning, and burning.

I never said Jesus was a liar. We believe everything Jesus himself taught. I'm not sure where that thought came from. I guess many don't completely understand what we believe. In fact the preaching work we do is in obedience to one of his commands. Matthew 24:14; also 28:19&20. Jesus taught his disciples to preach the good news of God's Kingdom, it's one of the ways you can identify his followers. In fact the Kingdom is the primary thing Jesus spoke about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate the buggers, keep knocking on my door.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah....you were recruited at low point into a delusional fairy tale and see what happened.

Are you one of those people with a weird grin on your face? DING DONG....."Oh, I'm already one....come in for something on your way to testifyin' ....hmm, hmmmm----yahz, please do."

Then you talk about who slammed the door at the sight of them, better understanding your neighbors and the Colonel's chirldrin. Don't forget, rehearsal at the hall tonight about how to make that doorbell ring more effectively!!

Mmhmmm, yahzzzzly

diNg DONg