Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Unregistered

Check2 This Worked!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I found that I had the same problem. Couldn't see the ringtones I edited in the ringtone sync tab thing. Then I tried shortening the song and re-did the procedure and found that it works fine.
    Hope that helps
    This kicked my but for a full week, but the gentleman I quoted solution worked.
    It seems that my issue had something to do with the length of the file.
    I hand to reduce the length of the ring tones to about 25 seconds and I was then able to sync them to my phone. <3.1.2 3Gs> <Itunes 9.0.2.25>

Thanks.
    Ronie.

Unregistered
    it works if you make it less than 30 seconds. just tried it, and it works perfectly now.

thanks!

Unregistered

re: ringtone not showing up on iphone

I also was having the same problem. As soon as I removed the AAC version from iTunes, it worked.

Unregistered

Currency Dollar Ringtone help

I purchased ringtones on the itunes application on my phone. I do not have the 3gs. They worked fine, but then I went to sync my phone and now just the custom ringtones I made on the computer are on my phone, not the ones I purchased. The ones I purchased are on my itunes, but I can not get them to get BACK on my phone. I have tried changing my sync settings for my ringtones, but nothing will help. I called apple and ofcourse since my warranty expired they want me to pay 69.99 for a phone call. Which, idk about any of you but that is insane, I paid for this phone and I pay monthly to have it, so I shouldnt have to pay MORE just to have help on a glitch of THEIR product??? PLEASE if anyone couold help that would be great!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check here, I am sure you will find a solution: Tips for syncing iphone ringtones
    Last edited by Skying; 02-25-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Unregistered

duvall position

like they said, you need to right click. get info. set the start stop time to 0:00:00 0:30:00

then create AAC.

then go into your music folder. rename the file to .m4r and then double click it. it then auto adds it to your Ringtones folder and then you can sync it.

the file must be 30 seconds or less.

Unregistered

Even the ones you buy dont work!

I just spent about 3 hrs googling ,changing file extensions, syncing and re-syncing.
    Must admit its the first time apple let me down , but this is an obvious problem , and they suck at addressing it!

Unregistered
    my ringtones showed up in the little box , but the sync box is unclicked so its all light gray, when i click sync ringtones it tells me if i choose to sync it , it will erase all my music and movies from my iphone, anyone know what to do?

Unregistered

Refresh Ringtone F### up

So the last couple ringtones I have tried to make haven's synced; I tried deleting the AAC version before converting and moving into iTunes. But I noticed that, even though I edit the song for less than 30 second, the ringtone ends up being like 1:50 long! I've triple checked the time stamps on the original song to make sure I set it correctly and I did. WTF?

Unregistered
    I have a differnt kinda problem, I bought a ringtone off itunes its in my ringtone folder but wont show up on the damn fone!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast