Can I activate a cell phone before its reported stolen?

KevinY

Jun 17, 2008
Hypothetically if my friend were to give me his cell phone and I were to go into a Verizon store and ask to take out his number and put mine in would they do it for me? More importantly is it possible? And hypothetically speaking if my friend were to go ahead and try to claim insurance for the phone and say that he got it stolen and Verizon finds out that my account is connected to the phone's ESN what would they do about it?
My phone got wet when I went fishing like two weeks ago. Dont give me advice on how to fix my phone i've tried it all already. Shame, a 3 month old venus with no scratches.

ok i see what your trying to do... i am not sure, but yea proabably if they sit here and do it that way they will proabably pull it up in the computer and they will proabably make him pay for the full amount on a phone, why dont you just go in there and you put your phone on the insurance, and then he can do the same for his phone if you guys wanna get new phones... but yea they keep track of the esn numbers and you guys can both end up with non working phones, or they can charge him the full amount of the new phone

Hypothetically? Ok we'll go with that...

They wouldnt let you put your number without him being there saying its ok and even then he would need to end his contract or something. And hypothetically your friend could say his phone was stolen and when he receives a new phone, you could get his phone. And if Verizon did say anything, all he has to say is he thought it was stolen but he found it after he already paid for his new one.

Back