Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why the whining about $4.00 per gallon gas?

I paid this much in Japan in 1978. For years the left has cried how we should be more like Europe, guess what libs, wish granted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because in japan people travel on trains and get packed in like cattle. People in the US commute to work over long distances in our comfortable cars. Thats the way I would like it to stay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The price you paid was mostly taxes. Funny who you didn't seem to mind it then. Or is that you just don't mind paying for taxes in other countries?
    Why don't you love America?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooo Japanese taxes are the fault of American liberals. I'm sure O'Reilly/Hannity would love to know all about it. It'll work, they think Japan is in Europe too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, the United States still has the lowest gas prices out the world...
    I find it funny that so many people are blaming Bush... and what are THEY doing to fix the "problem"? Driving less... lol yeah that's patriotism!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because Japan is the size of Montana. We have much greater distances to cover an far more options regarding travel. People seem to forget that most European countries as well, are tiny. You can drive through several countries in Europe in a day. Most people no not need to travel very far nor are they able to. If you drive from New Jersey to Florida you will probably cover more ground than most Europeans do in their lives.

Japan is akin to Manhattan. Not a lot of Manhattan residents even own cars. So, if you prefer to be packed into subway cars like sardines, spend most of your life within a hundred miles of where you were born, Japan is a good example. For a Island it works but not for a country as large as the USA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excuse me, but if you were in Japan in 1978, you would know that Japan is an island country in East Asia, not Europe.

Wow, I got thumbs down because Japan isn't in Europe? Let me guess, all those who gave me a thumbs down think it is?

Downloads
    Uploads
    All those comments above...Bush didn't raise the price!

To burnside 20/20 - YOU might be working for someone who is giving the enough of a salary increase to keep up with the percentage the gas prices have gone up over the last 3 years, but I can assure you, that 95% of Americans are NOT getting those raises. I am educated and have worked full-time jobs for 25 years and ALWAYS gotten a raise at every job every year but 2%, 3% or even 7% is NOT enough to keep up with the rising gas, grocery, utilities....all around cost of living!
    I'm sure you are one of the employers that think you are doing your employees a great justice with a 3% pay raise every year. Try giving a 20% pay raise which would actually counteract the cost of living increase.

Now for the original question. It's supply and demand. Japan has NEVER had the demand because they planned well and have plenty of other ways of transportation without the need for fuel run cars just like most other countries.

So, yes we are "whining" and we should be whining!

Someone is getting VERY rich in this country and lying to us about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't think anyone gets to complain about gas prices, as long as they keep buying it.

gas is not a necessity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    maybe exxon will share their 400% profit with me so i can drive mom to the dr. I need help cause that bastard bush sent my job to China. I hope ur still in Japan so u can't vote for more of McSame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast