Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why aren't people doing more besides whining about high gas prices?

It is hurting everyone. The ripple affect hits all facets of our existence. Where is the outrage and resistance? Where are the boycotts? Are we that complacent?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, we are that lazy. Or we just aren't as poor as we tell the rest of the world we are... How much have you spent on that computer your tapping out these questions on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's your suggestion?

I can neither bicycle nor walk to work, as I have to cross an interstate highway bridge to get there. I have no option but to drive. Perhaps I should ask my government to provide a multi-million-dollar pedestrian/bicycle bridge so I can save a few dollars on gasoline.

Converting my home to solar power would cost me more than fifteen years worth of energy at current prices. If I put the same amount of money to work at 5%, I'd get enough after taxes to pay the energy bills. That would only be a good option if someone else paid for the solar panels for me, do you want to do that for me?

So why don't you do more about the whining than just whine? Let's hear some real solutions.

Personally, I think that "whining" about the federal government's role in causing this problem is the best thing we can do, at least until November. Vote these morons out.