Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member stonerchick_eightytwo's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just found out I have a 15 year old sister?

I'm 25, and I just found out that I have a 15-year-old half sister. Otherwise, I was an only child. I don't know how to be an older sister. She wants me to be a part of her life, but I don't really know what to do.
    What are some things that I can do with her? I was thinking about taking her to Red Robin and talking about stuff... maybe going to get our nails done.... other than that I have no idea what to do with her.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    wow
    that must be kinda wierd
    but yeah, take her to lunch, shopping, the movies, nails

im 15 and those are my favorite things to do
    but if you do, make sure its HER favorite restruant, and the movie SHE wants to see

GOOD LUCK!!

Junior Member girlie_sweetness101's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    talk about boys, and friends and like drama stuff, idk maybe not that at first, i wish my sisters would do that and when they do, they get all judgemental, so dont be judgemental. yeah defineatly go shopping, and like offer to spend time alot with her and stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    tell me when you find out because im 15 with a 25 y.o. sister whos bitter to me and wants nothin to do with me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All your ideas were just fine. Just be a friend, that's the first thing.
    So you're 25 and she's 15, that's a big age difference. But I'm sure she's going through the same kinds of issues that you did when you were her age, just hang out with her and let her know that you're there for her if she needs someone. That's what family is all about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go somewhere where you can talk. Don't go to the movies, because then you can't talk. Take her shopping, or go to a museum. Your idea is good though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't give info like she's my dad's love child or my mom remarried and there is a 15 yr. old

Whoever parent she belongs to she's your sister too. So take her to the lunchen and ask her to bring some pictures of herself when she was younger , and do the same thing about yourself. you can share stories that may turn out to be similar. And laugh about silly things you each did when maybe you were each two.
    Having that same thing in common a parent is a start , and who knows this lunchen may bring you both together for a friendship for life. What to do will come to you, but sharing pictures is a good way to establish a beginning and you can be her role model and how a wonderful sister turned out. Good luck........

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a half-sister, and we never hang out because she lives across the country. Whenever you have a problem, go to her to vent or for advice, she'll feel appreciated and come to you with her problems (she's in highschool, so you can help her a lot lol) If you live nearby, take her to the mall, invite her and her bestfriend out to a fun restaurent, randomly show up at her house with a movie.... anything is fine, even if its just spending time with you watching tv. Have fun being a sister (: