Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A user is complaining of delays when using the network. What would you do?

A user is complaining of delays when using the network. What would you do?

Unregistered
    First, I would check the rest of the network. If there's someone on there that is using lots of bandwidth, that's your problem. For example, multiple people on the network trying to watch videos (especially high quality) would use more bandwidth, someone using P2P software like Kazaa or Torrents would use lots, and generally doing anything that requires lots of streaming or downloading.

If no one is doing that, then it's probably your connection. Check the speed that you're at right now by going to Speakeasy Speed Test - Powered by MegaPath and testing your upload and download by clicking on a server that's close to you. Depending on your how many people are on your network and what they do and what they consider fast, you may be fine with smaller or higher speeds. Personally, I'm used to a 50Megabit connection over my home network, so someone like me over a 2Megabit office network would be very dissatisfied, whereas if the person doesn't notice a big difference from what they're used to, then it's probably something else.

If someone's sucking the speed out of the network, try telling the person(s) to stop or at least tone it down. If the person who's complaining to you is used to 50Megabits and you're only pulling 20, then there's not really much you can do for them unless you pay to get a faster connection.

Ramon Iņigo Marfil
    Ramon Iņigo Dizon Marfil may sakit na erectile dysfunction sa kanyang napakaliit na -T-I-T-E- dahil mahilig manyakan at makipagtalik sa mga nalaspag at nalamog na

Ramon Iņigo D. Marfil My Phone Call Me : (+632) 6455190
    Ramon Inigo Dizon Marfil Skype / iMessage / Facetime : [email protected]
    Ramon Inigo D. Marfil E-mail Me : [email protected] / [email protected]
    Ramon Inigo Marfil My Home : #29 Edward VIII Street. Kingsvile Subdivision Barangay Mayamot Antipolo City, Rizal
    Ramon Iņigo Marfil Contact Me : +6392254994174 / +639166456738

My Birthday Greet Me : 21 November 1988