Can my Parents Read my texts online(i have cingular if it makes a difference)?

Sam

May 13, 2008
Well everytime i get grounded my parents always threaten me about reading my texts online. They say they have "the power to do that" or whatever. I really need to know if this is true and if it is is there anyway i can delete them because if they read them they wouldnt be to happy.. HELP!!

no, the only thing that your parents can see is the date, the time, and the number you're sending to. they CANNOT read the CONTENT of your messages. this shouldn't be an issue, unless you are sending texts to someone in like, Florida, because your parents will see the Area Code in the outgoing number and probably freak out if they don't know the number :) but hopefully this was positive news.

Unhappy news

Its not. Epecially if I havent empied my cingular inbox and now they have my phone. :(
But I suppose if I wernt doong somthing wrong I wouldnt have to hide it. Still, when my parents find out im dead meat.

heyy

wow i really hope they cant.
my friend says they can read them online but they delete every two weeks.
but you never know.
&& they can just call and thyll send them a report.
it kinda sucks!

i think they can only see the number and time but they can actualy READ what it says. if you think about it it would be almost impossiable for major phone comanies to keep track of EVERY SINGLE TEXT sent by anyone...

not true while the info is not available via their website by law companies have to keep a copy of every terxt sent/received as they are scanned into govt databases

Hot New App

Faketext is a hot new app that allow you to hide your real text messages on your iPhone. Check it out at faketext.com, you can go there straight from your iPhone since it is a webapp and is free.

Back