Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP!!! Sony Ericsson W580i saying "insert SmartChip"?

I don't know what happened but the last time I used my phone,
    I was at the mall and I turned it off. That was about it. Then I was going to call someone then I saw it was off. As I turned it on it beeped. Then the black screen said "insert SmartChip".
    I think that's the Sim card, right? I got really scared so I turned it off and checked my Sim Card. It was fine so I took out the battery and placed it back along with the Sim Card and I turned it back on! But it STILL told me to insert the Smart Chip!!!

Please! I really need someone's help what do you think happened? Do you think I should call ATT/Cingular?

Unregistered
    the sim card should be "clicked" in the slot
    not held by the battery

Unregistered
    Thanks for your answer guest, i was messin with mine forever wonderring why it wouldnt work. I didnt realize the smartchip clicked in.

Unregistered
    ok, so i juat got this phone from my friend and i went to put my sim card in it and when i turned it on it said "insert smartchip", i am so lost on what to do should o call AT&T or what? i want my phone to work someone help me! please

Unregistered
    Like the user said above, if you open the battery in the back, you shouldn't be able to see the blue "smartchip." But I bet if you open yours you will see it's become dislodged. Simply slide it back into the phone until it "clicks", replace the battery on top, and you should be good to go...It's funny that the AT&T site doesn't even recognize the keyword "smartchip" given this appears to be a common problem...good luck!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I don't know what happened but the last time I used my phone,
    I was at the mall and I turned it off. That was about it. Then I was going to call someone then I saw it was off. As I turned it on it beeped. Then the black screen said "insert SmartChip".
    I think that's the Sim card, right? I got really scared so I turned it off and checked my Sim Card. It was fine so I took out the battery and placed it back along with the Sim Card and I turned it back on! But it STILL told me to insert the Smart Chip!!!
    Please! I really need someone's help what do you think happened? Do you think I should call ATT/Cingular?

PROPER HAVE U SET SIM CARD IN PHONE ,, SEE ?