Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How should you start off an Introduction Speech?

I have to write an introduction speech and I 'm doing it on my mom. I have all the info but I just don't know how I should start the speech off. PLEASE HELP! Give me some ideas on how to start it off.
    Thanks in adavance!

I am introducing her to a group of people that she is going to speak to herself

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Friends. Classmates. Countrymen. Lend me your ears."

Ok, don't use that. What are you trying to convey with your speech about your mom? Is she a great woman? Is she a bum? Are you introducing her just as a speech to your class or are you introducing her to a group of people that she is going to speak to herself? It really does depend on your situation.

A good introduction will have a catchy line to start off with, something to grab your audience's attention. You may want to find a quote about the importance of moms or something that describes your mom in your life.

"Tenneva Jordan once described mothers as, 'A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.' This is my mother. My mom is the most caring, loving, giving, and forgiving person I have ever had the chance to know. I am so grateful that God gave me a mom that I can love with all my heart, imitate with my action, and respect with whole being."

That's my intro.

Edit: Ok, now what kind of group is she speaking to? Is she speaking as a teacher, an award recipient for being the surgeon of the year, winning an oscar, or being inducted to the Mother Hall of Fame? You may want to take who you are talking to and find a story that fits into that. Lets suppose you are introducing her for her retirement from being a High School teacher. You could find stories about how she didn't leave being a teacher in her classroom, but was your teacher in life also.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Use a quote w/ a lot of passion that persuades, other ideas could be using info from real life, and how it can help etc. Hope this helps...