What are the pros and cons of buying a PDA on Amazon vs. going directly

Missy

May 14, 2008
through AT&T/Cingular? I really want the AT&T Tilt Refurb --- it was advertised last night on the AT&T website for only $149.

Unfortunately when I signed back on this morning to buy it, it was listed a now out of stock.

I visited Amazon.com and saw some really good deals.

I am thinking of going through Amazon. I was wondering if anyone thinks it is risky to get the phone through an outside provider vs. going through the carrier directly.

I'm not so worried about equipment malfunctions -- if it breaks, I'll just replace it -- but more like technical assistance with the phone. If I have technical questions later on, will AT&T help me?

I would not worry about that part too much.
Since the contract for it is through AT&T and it is one of their phone brands it shouldn,t be a problem
Their tech support is online and their customer service reps would be familiar with any problems you might have.

The only time i see to really be worried about something like that is if you were to buy an unbranded or unlocked phone.
Such as a Tmobile wing or TYTNII
They would have the info you would need but finding someone who knows enough about it to tell you may be another story.

You might find the phones cheaper on other websites vs. buying direct from the carrier unless the carriers are offering bigger discounts. The calling plans you get will be the same.

Back