Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are the pros and cons of buying a PDA on Amazon vs. going directly

through AT&T/Cingular? I really want the AT&T Tilt Refurb --- it was advertised last night on the AT&T website for only $149.

Unfortunately when I signed back on this morning to buy it, it was listed a now out of stock.

I visited Amazon.com and saw some really good deals.

I am thinking of going through Amazon. I was wondering if anyone thinks it is risky to get the phone through an outside provider vs. going through the carrier directly.

I'm not so worried about equipment malfunctions -- if it breaks, I'll just replace it -- but more like technical assistance with the phone. If I have technical questions later on, will AT&T help me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not worry about that part too much.
    Since the contract for it is through AT&T and it is one of their phone brands it shouldn,t be a problem
    Their tech support is online and their customer service reps would be familiar with any problems you might have.

The only time i see to really be worried about something like that is if you were to buy an unbranded or unlocked phone.
    Such as a Tmobile wing or TYTNII
    They would have the info you would need but finding someone who knows enough about it to tell you may be another story.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might find the phones cheaper on other websites vs. buying direct from the carrier unless the carriers are offering bigger discounts. The calling plans you get will be the same.