Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

if you are a real estate attorney or have experience with real estate sales please

respond.? I am one week away from closing. I have an attorney that I am working with and I no longer want the house. If I purchase the house, I will have to redo kitchen, bathroom, floors etc. I had called my real estate agent and he told me that it is too late and that there is nothing that he can do. The more I think about the house the more I don't want it because the fixtures will cost a lot of money and that is expense coming out of my pocket all at once. Plus the house driveway is on a hill and plus there is no garage. THis is my first time buying a property and at this point all I want is something new or requiring no immediate fixture. Please tell me how to get out of this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Read the contract. At best, you may lose a deposit. At worst, you may be sued for specific performance, and wind up not only having to buy the house but pay a pile of legal bills as well. Your only recourse is to use a "weasel clause"; these are commonly put into real estate contracts as contingencies, and require the buyer's approval of whatever the clause relates to, such as a satisfactory termite report, roof inspection, neighborhood inspection, and many others. See if your contract has one -- and, next time, read the damned thing to see what it says.