Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know how to get my laptop to conect to the internet?

Hello there i have recently been given my mums basic laptop its a compaq amarda 100s i have just bought an adaptor but still no connection i have a sky wireless router but im still having problems my mum only used it for typing letters but she doesnt know either has anyone got any advice kind regards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as you have an internet connection and a wireless router and your laptop has wireless capabilities, then try this. Go to start menu, control panel, internet options, connections, now change it so it never dials a connection, then go to LAN setting and check mark the box that says "automatically detect settings". This should do it unless of course you have dial up internet. In that case you should definitley get broadband. Also if this doesn't work try to reboot your computer, modem, and router. sometimes they just need to be power cycled. Otherwise contact your internet provider. they may be able to walk you through it. By the way I work for a cable company and do this all day everyday. So I'm kind of a big deal. Yeah...