Today just feels like a day where Tiger Woods ends up crying. It's the US Open, it's Fathers Day, he's in the final pairing at Oakmont, and he's due to become a father soon. It feels so storybook. Thank goodness Jim Nantz isn't involved ... I don't know if I could take the sappiness.
Tiger and Aaron Baddeley tee off at around 3:00. They've supposedly set the course up to play pretty easily today ... moving some of the tees up, leaving the pins in accessible conditions, watering a few greens, and removing the windmills from around the cups.
Two-over-par is leading the tournament right now, so the final number probably won't be as terribly brutal as once projected. In fact, some guy named Anthony Kim is already in today with a 67, and a couple of other guys are also under par for the day. Of course, someone else named Harrison Frazar is also +7 through 8 holes. Maybe that guy just sucks.
So I wouldn't expect a Johnny Miller 63 or anything ... but the winner's probably going to have to go under par. I expect it will be a Cablinasian man wearing red.
Running Updates - Sunday, June 17 [US Open]
</img>

More...