Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shahrzad29

How should I start off my introduction in my essay?

I have to write a paper on the positives and negatives resulting from imperialism in Africa. Basically I am writing about how Europeans changed the African heritage in a good and bad ways. My teacher said this entire essay is important but my introduction is most important because it includes me thesis. What are some good tips I need for this parapgraph?

.:volleyball:.
    ok well first you start with a broad attention grabber. It should be VERY detailed and high level vocabulary. Then you restate your prompt. Then you state your thesis. A thesis is main idea of your essay...

thats about it

good luck!

Annie<3
    You could start with a question or restating what you are are writing about but dont give all the details. Maybe like

How did Europeans influence the change in africa?There where many good and many bad ways.

good luck =]

Unregistered
    how could i start my essay off with the topic this is who iam

Unregistered
    i have to right a essay on schrizophrenia and i need help on my introduction

Unregistered
    how should i start off my essay talking about the egyptains and god&goddesses

Unregistered
    im writing about how my family has taught me to be successful and made me determined not to fail based on their failure. any ideas on how to start my essay, its for a college entrance essay

Unregistered

Drink Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You could give a quick little story on a god or goddess, or even start off with an amazing fact that probably most people don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You could:
    *give a quick little story on a god or goddess
    *start off with an amazing fact that most people do not know about
    * start with a little saying (quote) that might represent something about a god or goddess

To kind of explain that last point; I had to write an essay on Australia... so I began it with "Aussi,Aussi,Aussi,Oi,Oi,Oi!!!" Which is a cheer or chant often performed at Australian sport events.

Unregistered

essay writing

I have to write an essay on HR management and am sturggling with the intro it has to be in at the end of next week any ideas?

Unregistered

how to start my essay

I am having a hard time starting off on this essay that I have to write on how pointing out what i learned and how effect public speaking iand civic engagement is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast