Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is or how is the easiest way to start a gossip blog website?

My fiance is interested in starting a gossip blog. She is really into the whole journalism thing, so I am thinking about getting her a website and creating one for her. My question is, how do you go about making money having your own blog and is it really a money making hobby that could possibly turn into a full-time stay at home job?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbfantasy2008 View Post
    My fiance is interested in starting a gossip blog. She is really into the whole journalism thing, so I am thinking about getting her a website and creating one for her. My question is, how do you go about making money having your own blog and is it really a money making hobby that could possibly turn into a full-time stay at home job?
    It is quite easy to start a blog.
    Blogging is a good way of jotting down our ideas....this can be done as a hobby or we can monetize the blog and earn through it.There are many free platforms to start a blog like Blogger.com,Wordpress etc.They help you to create a blog very easily and provide you enough space to post your thoughts.Keep posting and updating your blogs to attract readers...make it topic specific and blog clearly and with the correct information.Do not mislead your readers.It can eiither be Technical,Science, or any category as such.If it is related to the recent trend then chances are there that you may get more traffic.When you get a free blog service you possess only a subdomain (abc.blogspot.com) and there are chances that this might affect the pagerank as Google considers the domain name as one of the factor for page rank.

There are also some paid service like the Quick Blogcast service from XnYnZ.com wherein they facilitate you to blog,podcast at any time,post photos,animations,get feedback from visitors..Also..you can avoid unwanted advertisements if you choose the paid blogging tool.You can get a domain name of your own and get the necessary SEO service.They also let you increase the pagerank with their Search Engine Visibility service.As always the paid service always has a professional touch and also is more liberal in the advanced features.

So if you want a professional blog you can avail a paid blogging tool; if not you can go for a free service.

If you get a good page rank you can monetize it with high paid ads and earn money.If your blog is enough to attract a good amount of visitors then you can turn the hobby into a full time work from home job.