Does anyone get error 9230 with Sprint when sending a text?

Theresa

Jun 3, 2008
I have Sprint for my cellular service, I have never changed numbers and haven't recently made any adjustments to my plan. I was able to send out texts this morning, but then suddenly when I sent out a text it came back with error code 9230 (and the code 2110 at the bottom of the message), and a message about the person being unavailable to receive messages. However, I cannot send a text to anyone now without receiving this message (even myself), and I cannot receive any incoming texts.

Has anyone with Sprint ever had this error code before? It seemed to come out of nowhere (my account is fine, no overdue bills or anything either), I tried calling the customer care line and they were ridiculous. Basically told me to wait it out, should go back to normal, but that was after an hour of talking with them and being transferred. It was apparent that my representative did not know what she was doing. Not a big help. Any insight would be great!!!

That message is also produced if your account was ever hotlined and the acct wasn't fully provisioned to include the sms portion, so contact sprint and have the check the bmg tool for provisioning and if the sms portion says hotline yes, have them cancel and resume the acct, and this should remove the sms hotline and get yout text working again.

I get this message only when i send my text to my girlfriend in Japan, but it comes back as "Your MSG could not be DELIVERED because SmtpNoToAddressSupplied" The funny thing is it's been the same address Ive been texting to before.

I called Tech support and no help there, ive read there are a few things you can try that has worked for others but not for me:
1. Delete and put back in the contact that this message is happening to.
2. Do a factory reset.
3. Do an update on your profile through your phone.

I've done them all and worked for a day or two then the message comes back.

Your MSG could not be DELIVERED because OperationNotAllowed. I tried using google to see if other people had the same problem, but I can't find it anywhere. It might have had something to do with the fact that I was sending someone programming help.

This is the second time this has happened in 2 days. Im so tired of Sprint and their terrible service

Ok so i just started having this problem and sprint themselves don't even know what the problem is, i called, i took my phone to the store and nothing. I tried the profile update and each time it says there has been an error please try again later. Factory reset did nothing either. I need help bad!

Ok so i just started having this problem and sprint themselves don't even know what the problem is, i called, i took my phone to the store and nothing. I tried the profile update and each time it says there has been an error please try again later. Factory reset did nothing either. I need help bad!

i have it but only to 1 contact.if i put the area code 1st it works fine but when i leave the convo it removes the area code

:3_8_14[1]:Well when I tried to send text NAPA to 68683 I got the 9230 message also.
Why would that happen?

it happens also if the person you r trying ot text has blocked their text messages and they are a sprint customer! try again in a few day it might go through inless they jsut blocked you then change ya number and try should go through

9230 Fix

To fix this annoying little problem you must First, update phone. Second, delete all past texting from phone. Third, go through you contacts and edit all there phone numbers with the 10 digit number. Fourth, remove battery from phone for 2 mins. Fifth reinstall battery and let phone reboot. This should fix your problem.

I kept getting the same message when I texted my mom's number in particular. I would initially create a new message with her area code. The first message would go through but if I continue with the thread, her number on top defaults to just the seven digit number and the area code would be missing. If I sent a message to her, it would give me the 9230 error message. What it came down to is if I wanted to send her messages, I can't simply reply. I have to re-initiate a new message with the area code EVERY single time. I finally went to a sprint store (I have an Epic 4G BTW) and what they did was delete my mom's contact profile, do a complete reset of my phone and then re-enter my mom's numbers again. This seem to have worked. I hope this helps.

Text error with Sprint

I finally figured this out on my own. First tap messages on home screen. Next tap the messages tab on top left. Delete all messages showing for that contact. Return to home screen. Open contacts. Select that contact and press send message. Now delete any recent messages including error code messages. Now delete that contact from phone completely. Now re-enter contact and be sure to use their area code. If you follow these steps I guarantee this will work every time.

Texting to that specific number was blocked by either the primary account holder or the intended recipient. I have had to do this with my daughters old boyfriend who wouldnt stop texting and calling.

Back