Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

We are on an att plan and our phone broke. Can we put the Sim card in a...

...go phone and use our plan's minutes? My son's phone broke. He is on our family plan. I bought him a go phone from Radio Shack and he put him Sim card in it. Will the minutes he uses come from our att family plan or will he have to use a prepaid go phone plan?

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am not sure what a go phone is...i am guessing it is a pay per minite kinda thing...or buy minites.....anyways the only way the minites will be used on your plan is if you buy an ATT&T phone....(thats what you said you had?) and then you have to contact ATT&T about the phone and let them know they switch it over....it willnt take long and thats all you do.....i suggest you do that and not buy another phone that uses minites like that...it gets expensive.... like you are already are paying for the plan...if you are looking for nice but inexpensive phone try looking on ebay.....or something like that....some are used some are new....then i also suggest buying insurance on the phone mines 7 bucks a month but mines also a $550 phone.... so up to you....hope this helps....give me 10 pts =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the time it will work fine .
    A few phones like the iphone you can't do that.
    Minutes will be used from whichever sim card is inserted.
    Att is a gsm phone gophone is by att it is also gsm .
    The sim card is what the network information is on.
    If att was on a cdma network like alltel or verizon you have no sim card to be able to change it .so you have to call them to change phones.
    The only time you would have to call att would be if you would need to change an internet plan like if you were going from a standard to a pda phone or vice versa.
    My niece has about 4 different phones and one sim card she will switch phones back and forth between them every day or two.Any thing from a Cingular 8525 to a samsung a737 and i would hate to have to call every time she wanted to change.