Cant Install any hardware on my comuter. FOund New Hardware wizard does not work

JakeM

Jun 6, 2008
and i cant use USB devices!? Hi, about 4 months ago my computer stopped recognizing USB devices for some reason and everytime i plugged them in the new hardware wizard popped up, i clicked next and it would search for about 2 seconds then say windows cannot install the new hardware. All this stuff was on my compute rbefore and none of it works now, printers, mp3 players, flash drives, even my usb keyboard, i had to buy a new one with a ps2 connection! I looked thorugh forums and they told me to delete all USB drivers and then uninstall all USB devices, port and hosts off the device manager and when i turned it on they should reset themselves but when i did turn it on all that happens is Found NEw Hardware pops up, with unknown devices, and when i click install it just runs for 2 seconds and says it cant install them. I trying leaving power supply off for 2 hours and still no luck. Ive also downloaded the chipset drivers from intel and no luck there. Ive also tried manually installing and that doesnt work either!

Back