Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

can i use telus unlocked cell phone and put rogers sim card?

can i use telus unlocked cell phone and put rogers sim card? i have a rogers plan... and i dont like my nokia rogers cellphone, so i want to change it to this really cute telus cellphone... i havent bought it yet... but i want to... so can i? thanks for your help.

Unregistered
    Nope, Rogers uses the GSM network which is used all around the world where Telus uses CDMA which is only used in north america. Rogers uses sim cards where telus doesnt. You will need to get a rogers phone if you want to go with rogers, or an unlocked GSM phone.

Unregistered
    That is not entirely true. Some "World Phone's" at Telus like the Storm and the 8830, allow the use of SIM cards, which is what Rogers uses on their GSM network. Take the Sim card with you to the Telus store and ask to try it in the unlocked World Phone, they may need to make a quick call to allow the feature to be enabled by their network, but the phone itself is entirely capable, I use my storm everywhere in the world on GSM networks, even though I have a Telus contract here in Canada.
    Good Luck

something about TELUS SomeoneWhoKnows's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that Telus 'world phones' operate on gsm frequencies which are different from Rogers. This is because while you are in Canada you would be on Telus CDMA instead of roaming onto Rogers network where Telus has no roaming agreement. Using a Telus phone means that it will look for CDMA Telus signals first and Bell second.
    Last edited by Someone Who Knows; 02-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Unregistered
    I want to get a sidekick, but I'm on bell. If I switch to a phone that I used to have from rogers that has a sim card on my contract at Bell and then get a sidekick and switch the sim card into it, would that work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bell is a cdma carrier and doesn't use sim cards. Totally different technology. They, like TELUS, won't activate a phone that came from another provider.

Unregistered
    i have a rogers blackberry, if i unlick th ephone will i be able to use it with kodo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your Rogers Berry is GSM and cannot be made to work with any of the CDMA carriers. TELUS/Koodo/Bell/Solo/Virgin are cdma and will not activate a phone from any other provider.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Unregistered
    Okay, 1 of my uncle's was moving back to US, so he gave me his old phone since he got a new 1. This is the phone: products and services / digital PCS / handsets / Motorola RAZR2 - TELUS Mobility - British Columbia This phone is from Telus, but I have a Rogers plan, based on the last few answers, there is no possible way of using this device with my current plan/ sim card?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are correct, it can't be used on Rogers. You may be able to sell it and buy yourself a nice gift.
    TELUS... The Future IS Friendly, just not yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast