can i use telus unlocked cell phone and put rogers sim card?

bebekreme

Jun 8, 2008
can i use telus unlocked cell phone and put rogers sim card? i have a rogers plan... and i dont like my nokia rogers cellphone, so i want to change it to this really cute telus cellphone... i havent bought it yet... but i want to... so can i? thanks for your help.

Nope, Rogers uses the GSM network which is used all around the world where Telus uses CDMA which is only used in north america. Rogers uses sim cards where telus doesnt. You will need to get a rogers phone if you want to go with rogers, or an unlocked GSM phone.

That is not entirely true. Some "World Phone's" at Telus like the Storm and the 8830, allow the use of SIM cards, which is what Rogers uses on their GSM network. Take the Sim card with you to the Telus store and ask to try it in the unlocked World Phone, they may need to make a quick call to allow the feature to be enabled by their network, but the phone itself is entirely capable, I use my storm everywhere in the world on GSM networks, even though I have a Telus contract here in Canada.
Good Luck

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that Telus 'world phones' operate on gsm frequencies which are different from Rogers. This is because while you are in Canada you would be on Telus CDMA instead of roaming onto Rogers network where Telus has no roaming agreement. Using a Telus phone means that it will look for CDMA Telus signals first and Bell second.

Last edited:
I want to get a sidekick, but I'm on bell. If I switch to a phone that I used to have from rogers that has a sim card on my contract at Bell and then get a sidekick and switch the sim card into it, would that work?

Bell is a cdma carrier and doesn't use sim cards. Totally different technology. They, like TELUS, won't activate a phone that came from another provider.

i have a rogers blackberry, if i unlick th ephone will i be able to use it with kodo

Your Rogers Berry is GSM and cannot be made to work with any of the CDMA carriers. TELUS/Koodo/Bell/Solo/Virgin are cdma and will not activate a phone from any other provider.

Hi I have an unlocked rogers blackbeery flip and would like to keep my telus service. Can I do this? My telus phone has a removable SIM card.

rogers phone;telus service

Hi I have an unlocked rogers blackbeery flip and would like to keep my telus service. Can I do this? My telus phone has a removable SIM card.

TELUS phones that have sim cards are on the "MIKE" iden system and are different from gsm and cdma. If you have a TELUS "World Phone" then your sim card will not work in the Rogers device either because European freqencies are different from Rogers.

Last edited:
hi i was wondering if there is anyway i can but a rogers sim card into a telus phone? it has a slot but it obviously doesnt fit. Is there possible anyway i can change to make it fit the rogers sim cards

Most TELUS phones have a slot for a mini sd-card. Even if you could get the Rogers sim card to fit in the phone it will not work as the two companies use different technology. As I've said before, Rogers is GSM and TELUS is CDMA.

People are stupid.
Honestly..
GSM nnd CDMA are totally different. TELUS KOODO BELL/MTS VIRGIN MOBILE ETC. DON'T USE SIM CARDS ONLY ROGERS NND FIDO DO! IF THE PHONE DOESN'T HAVE A SIM CARD SLOT IT DOESN'T USE ONE. Plain and simple :)

i have a rogers blackberry, if i unlick th ephone will i be able to use it with kodo

Yes once you unlocked your blackberry mobile,you can use it koodo network and any other network . If you want unlock your mobile you can visit this site Superunlockcodes.com here you can get the code and unlock your blackberry mobile. To get the code you have to mentioned your blackberry mobile model,which country is locked now,network provider and imei number. Then they send unlock code through email.

Back