Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why do people think dislike towards religion is even close to dislike towards,

race, sex and sexuality, etc? Religion is the only few of those that has any basis or foundation for actually being a choice of ethics, morals and free will. Anyone can change their religion at any time.

And even if people can't convert to another religion due to fear of retribution from their friends and family, the same issue doesn't really exist online. Someone can always be true of their religion online, on Yahoo Answers, even if they have to create a private account.

Sex, sexuality and race have been proven time after time, either genetically or with conclusive anecdotal accounts to not be a choice or free will. No matter how much people argue, sexuality (feelings) is not a free will choice either - and the problem is that their opinions towards that are influenced highly by religious views.

So why do people think dislike towards other religion, or dislike towards the people who hold up those religious ethics and morals is just the same as disliking someone for their particular sex, sexuality or race?
    We should all be tolerant, yes, but there's a difference between tolerance and then not caring when Roman Catholics and fundamental Christians spread the words that being homosexual is a sin, and then protesting and lobbying towards government against gays gaining specific and basic rights.
    "there is no genetic proof and anecdotal accounts do not prove choice or free will are not involved."

Well, there isn't any evidence - and no anecdotal evidence whatsoever for it to be a choice of free will either.

I choose to believe in anecdotal accounts of people who experience homosexuality that it is not a choice of free will, because I can't really judge on an issue that I haven't experienced.
    "what the hell does the title of your question mean? isn't there anything in the bible about grammar? guess not!"

Pardon? Either you can't read correctly, or you haven't bothered to read through my question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really sure.........I believe when people jude, or dislike others because of their religion, orgin, ect. it's just ignorance. God doesn't represent that he is not partial, but of course we are human.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what the hell does the title of your question mean? isn't there anything in the bible about grammar? guess not!