Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any ideas on how to create general passion (not romantic passion) in one's...

...life aside from religion? I'm a 48 year old single man and have struggled with depression for over 20 years. I've tried counseling, self-help books, three different prescription anti-depressant medications, natural/herbal anti-depressants and exercise, none of which helped much. I do take medication for a thyroid deficiency that was discovered 10 years ago, which helped reduce my depression and continues to help. But I don't have real passion of any kind in my life, which I believe is necessary for a rewarding life. I'm not a very spiritual person, so praying, faith in God and religion is not the kind of suggestion I'm seeking. I do know that I need to believe in myself more than I do. I would welcome any suggestions aside from recommendations to pray.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be depressed and miserable too, if I didn't have a passionate r/s with God thru Jesus Christ. Honestly, please understand, I am not trying to be rude or religious; but I cannot imagine a life without my God and Savior. I will admit that a lot of churches here in America seem to be dead and no life in them, but there are some that are well worth attending. Your r/s with God is what you make it to be. If you give him ALL of yourself and don't hold back, he'll do the same with you. Knowing God is the greatest, most wonderful experience I have ever had.