Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Religion question?

I am married to a Jehovah Witness that stopped going to church when we started dating and we eventually got married. But we got married through the Justice of the Peace. I am just wondering if Jehovah's Witnesses view our marriage as sacred as getting married in their church? Or if they even recognize us as being married at all? My husband is now back at church, and I feel as if they don't embrace the fact that we're husband and wife now. We are also planning to get "remarried" in a church and are having a difficult time deciding which church we are going to get married in.....JW's say that we can't get married in their church, unless I am "baptized."
    He actually agreed to getting married in my church, if we couldn't get remarried in his. He also goes with me to my church as well. We take turns every other Sunday going to each other's church.
    I am baptized, believe in God, and go to church every Sunday!!!

The reason I want to get "remarried" is because I want the big, actual wedding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on your question, it sounds like they don't recongize it since you were not "baptized"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel sorry for that your married life and probably every other life decision you want to make,has to be regulated by a
    "church"
    When will people realise that organised relegion is a crock of s#*t .
    Where in the Bible does it say you must get married in a "J.W. Church" ?
    By the way, want other fairy stories do you believe in ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am very sorry they feel you are not welcome to get married there. You should be able to get married in any church. I brother married a Greek Orthodox and he did not have to get baptized. I know that a "part member" couple can get married in my church building.

Good luck. Pray about it, maybe it is time you join or the two of you are united in a new faith.