Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member SlyFox[KingofFools]'s Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does the concept of the prophecies in religion demonstrate that God's.?

Does the concept of the prophecies in religion demonstrate that God's gift of free will is ultimately false?
    Given that everything moves towards the fulfilment of these, is it not useless believing that one is independent from of destiny, and therefore it matters not what one believes or how one acts, as that which will be done will be done what ever one does?

So if we are nothing more than pawns on a grand chess board what is the point in caring?
    Tiger of Judah did you read the q understand it and think before answering it? the whole point is that we are pawns, the pawns don't chose their side now do they!
    ?????????God does not proscribe events. He is omniscient. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He sees the beginning from the end and the end from the beginning.????????

Does the first part not fail when used with the rest of the pharse?

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Does the concept of the prophecies in religion demonstrate that God's gift of free will is ultimately false?"
    No.
    Prophecies are given to inform and guide us as to what God is doing.
    I can do anything i want to do. The question is will i do what ever i may want to do.

Will you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cause the game has to end in Chess, what side will you be on is what matters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is one of the many, many paradoxes of Christian beliefs. To me, they demonstrate that the whole thing is fictional, or at the very least, has been strangely distorted over the years.

There's also the way many prophecies are fulfilled. By stretching and interpretation, you can make almost any prophecy fit some set of facts in the past couple thousand years. It's like people due with Nostradamus, and probably the reason so many prophecies are done in metaphor and symbol. It leaves plenty of room for this sort of manipulation.