I cut and bruised my lip and now there's a hard lump inside my lip the size of a

cLumsy

May 20, 2008
bean. Help!? Three weeks ago, I tripped and cut my lip on the corner of a table. My lip was cut on the inside (by the table) and the outside (by my teeth). I received several stitches inside my lip and on my face. Now, the swelling is gone and the stitches have been removed and there is only a tiny scar on my face. However, there is still a hard knot on the inside of my lip, that’s about the size of a bean. It’s really annoying. When I move my mouth it makes the scar on my face very obvious, and it sticks out a little on my face. It doesn’t hurt, but it’s kinda ugly. And it also catches on my teeth a little bit.

Is the lump just scar tissue that has built up from the injury inside my lip? If it is scar tissue, will it go away in time, and if so, how long? Or could it be something else, like the dissolvable stitches? Do I need to see a plastic surgeon? The original cut has completely healed over, but I’m tempted to grab a razor and cut the lump out myself. Help!

Don't know if you'll still get this, but dude, same thing has happened to me only I have TWO of the lumps and I was savagely kicked in the face... repeatedly. Probably similar injuries though. Mine still hasn't gone down, it's only two weeks since it happened though.

Let me know if yours has gone!?!
Thanks.

i bit my lip 3 days ago after a visit to the dentist, i was injected with novacaine so the dentist could give me a filling afterwards i ate a sandwich while i was still numb apparently i bit my lip during eating and now its a painfull lump on my lower lip kind of reddish with a little bit of white in the middle the 1st day it felt raw what should i do to make it go away? please help...

Same

I Have The same Thing Except Mine Is From A Lip Piercing I Have been Told It Is Just Hardened Scarred Tissue Or Cartilage. And That I's Nothing To Be Concerned With.

If you cut your lip it takes a long time to heal because of bacteria in your mouth. Try rinsing your mouth with listerine a few times a day until it go away.

dudes that sounds like a mucocele, a non cancerous cyst, get that shit removed. It'll be alright.

do not cut it that will probably just make it worse. Talk to your parents about schedualluing a docters appointment, to have them look at it.

Bruised lip

I got a bump on my lower lip about 4 wks ago. And it was purple tiny bump. And it looks like a bruise so I poked it and blood just came out and bump went away but like 30 mins later. The bump was there again so it's just blood cloged up. so I left it alone since but still hasn't gone away! Don't know what to do! I put concealed n then lipstick over to hide it because it's noticeable. Really frustrating! I want it to go away! When I stretch my lip you can see it more. It's a hard purple bump. Very small though.

heyyy, i have cut my lip open 3 times and have 3 bumps, its been 5 years AND THEY ARE STILL HERE. maybe its reduced like a little bit... only in time will it fuk off haha

i got into a fight about a week ago. had my lip busted open inside. its cured and all but theres a hard lump on the top inside (and i mean literally under the skin)of my lip.....getting worried smoked with a friend for the last week but normally i dont smoke.

Hey guys I have the same problem. I got hit in the face 13 years ago. Still a hard bump in the inside of my lip. It doesn't go away. I have two more now from a fight a few weeks ago. They don't hurt, its scar tissue. Not sure if a doctor can remove them though.....but ya they dont go away on their own...

Stop moaning will you gosh ..... I had a full on head trauma after 6 months my lips still swollen and has a lump so think yourself lucky

Back