why not drill in alaska?

takeamericaback

Jun 3, 2008
Here we have a state that is blessed with oil, It could bring prices on gas back down, but I guess all the environmentalist like paying $4 for gas.

Good question. Maybe if they tapped some of the oil in alaska the price/demand would go DOWN.

stupid environmentalists dont want to kill the animals and alter the "fragile" ecosystem, if care were taken there wouldnt be any problem and we wouldnt be as dependent on foreign oil, at least until it ran out

Why not drill at all? To technically answer your question, it's because of the ICE there.... Btw, do you know that in a couple of years this world will be just a graveyard of engines and airports and human junk? Our planet's immune system is giving the human race diseases so that we can finally leave it to peace- I don't blame it! Oil is a drug worse then heroine and marajuana.

Finding more oil is only a temporary solution.

$4 or higher gas could be a good thing in the long term, as it will teach us to conserve. I've heard that if all the states conserved as well as the top 5, have since year 2000, we would need to import zero oil today.

Regarding environmentalists, I think you are right that they don't mind as much paying more for gas, but that could be because they already drive small, efficient vehicles, bike, or take public transportation.

It's all about the effort, Alaska is RICH in oil and if we did it right we would tap into that resource and try to cripple the middle east, but it's just easier to buy oil than to start from scratch, good question and you are SO RIGHT.

Back