Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Surgery price for a ferret with Ferret Adrenal Disease??

My 3 year old ferret's tail is balding along with his massive weight loss and excessive sleeping more than average. and it keeps getting worse, im afriad he has Ferret Adrenal Disease, though i am not sure. I am going to take him to the vet as soon as i get money this week. but i was just wondering, has anyone ever had a ferret with this before? and if so how much was surgery???

Downloads
    Uploads
    The price of the surgery depends on many things, one of them being your location.
    One of my ferrets has had abdominal surgery, for a different reason, but the cost should not vary that much, since the procedure is the same.
    Mine cost me almost $800, everything included.
    Don't panic just yet, it might not even be adrenal disease. Have him checked out and discuss your options with your vet.
    Money is an issue for most of us. You may want to check into CareCredit. Just make sure your vet accepts that.
    I applied for their card and got approved for $4500 right off the bat. Depending on what kind of deal they give you you may be able to repay the surgery cost INTEREST FREE, if you pay it back within the agreed upon time frame.
    Good luck to you and your fert. I hope all turns out well.