Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a small white bump on the rim of my eye lid (where my eye lashes are)....

...The bottom set of eyelashes.? Could this be a stye? It is not red, but it does have all the other characteristics of a stye. Has anyone ever had a white stye before? I am terrified of eye doctors and will not go! Please let me know if you have had experience with a small white bump on your eye lid rim and what it was. Thanks!

Unregistered
    Help I have one too !

Unregistered

Bell

I had a white bump for 8 years on the rim of my lower eyelid. It started as a sty and never cleared up. It never hurt and both my eye doc and family MD said it was nothing to worry about. Then suddenly last year it started scabbing and bleeding and being sore. Turned out it was a skin cancer, luckily basal cell (the non-dangerous kind). Had to have a special type of skin surgery called Moh's and lost a few eyelash glands as a result, but it was way better than it could have been. BTW, I'm only in my 30s and was told this is more common in 70+ years.

I say this not to scare anyone but because 2 docs initially told me it was nothing! I recommend an appt. with an eye surgeon (mine was in a plastic surgery clinic), as they will be more up-to-date than your standard opthamologist.

It could be nothing. But it might be something. Best to know for sure. Don't be afraid of eye docs! Tell them upfront you're scared and they will be very gentle with you.

Bottom line (quoting my eye surgeon): "All bumps are guilty until proven innocent."