Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Thread: "time out"?

Downloads
    Uploads

"time out"?

Ok so I will be 18 in 20 days. But my mom still send me time out if I dont do what she wants, when she wants
    If I were to leave home for college I would just ignore it... However Im going to be living at home because I cant afford rent or anything.

What should I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously? Time OUT? Wow. I'd hate to see you suggesting she ground you, but whatever- it's time for a change in the dynamics of your relationship.
    She needs to treat you like an adult. You need to have a candid talk about each other's expectations- what will you be doing to earn your keep, will you have a curfew, what about each other's privacy?
    You need to be an adult, too, and not put your mom in that position. How embarrassing for her to remind you (the independent and mature college student) that it's your turn to cook dinner or tell you you woke her up coming in at 1 a.m. I suggest you find ways of pitching in and then be a VERY thoughtful roommate- no one else will let you live for free!!!