...familiar with it? If you, as a "classical" music lover, are not familiar with, heard/seen nor even "heard of" it, I would highly recommend it.

Although some may consider the score hackneyed, I for one, feel it's worth any music lovers review/appreciation.

It consists of 26 1/2 hr. segments, telecast by NBC in 1952-3; and depicts the terrible WW II naval struggle of this country, both in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

Richard Rodgers - the famous Broaway Musical(s) composer - is given credit for the soundtrack; but Robert Russell Bennet arranged/orchestrated and greatly expanded the original 12 themes(piano pieces 1-2 mins. long), that Rodgers had composed; and should certainly have been given equal, if not more, credit for this wonderful music.

26 1/2 hrs. = 13 1/2 hrs.: the only composition in history that I'm aware of, that even can be faintly compared with Wagner's "Ring": a note-worthy accomplistment in itself: "No Other Love"-"Guadalcanal March"???
"david o": many thanks for your response: induced me to lookup the "Intrepid"'s history on Wikipedia; a quite long, and impressive history.

And good for you; to remember this great score, and revive, employ it, for such an appropriate occassion.

And again, thanks very much, very much for sharing.

Alberich