Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member knowles_lane@verizonenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

My husband and I have met a couple we really like, but we cannot stand

their kids. What do we do? My husband and I are not very social so when we found this great couple to spend time with, we were thrilled. Until we met their two little demons. The kids are awful! Unfortunaly, the mom is a stay at home mom and so she ALWAYS has them with her. I hinted that we should go out sometime without the kids and she seemed excited, but we cannot afford to go out all the time. I don't want to be around those kids and I certainly don't want my son picking up their bad habits. What should I say to them? What should I do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should be less fussy. kids are kids. she might think ur son is a brat, u never know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you should be less fussy. kids are kids. she might think ur son is a brat, u never know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    remember that families are a package and you can't expect parents to leave their children home alone

Downloads
    Uploads
    What you can do is keep your son away from them. Suggest the mom to put her kids into some kind of daycare program. It'll be a great chance for them to learn some manners, make friends and become decent human beings. If she simply can't let go of them, tell her all of the benefits that daycare has to offer. If her kids are school aged, tell her daycares usually offer homework help as well, so she'll know her kids are getting extra help - without her having to do it. It'll be great for the kids and you and the mom because the kids are having fun, while you get some time to relax and have fun as well.