Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Easiest way to watch XVID files on the PS3 that were downloaded on the computer?

I've read that the PS3 supports XviD files now so if I were to download a movie on my computer, what is the fastest way to get it on to the PS3 to watch? When I hook my laptop up to my 60 inch TV through a VGA cord it doesn't fit the whole screen so I was hoping to solve this problem by watching movies on the PS3.

Yea I'll try what you suggested MPA84. I don't want to burn the files on to a disc I was hoping to just stream them over the network. Other people with computers on my network can watch files that are in my shared folder so I'd like to try to get the PS3 to do the same. Thanks for the help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, it works some of the time when I do this so heres the deal
    your talking about .avi file type right? if not then just download ALIVE VIDEO CONVERTER from torrents and convert it into .avi
    then you just basically have to burn the files onto a cd/dvd/bd-dvd
    SELECT BURN DATA DISC NOT MOVIE BURNING
    and insert it in your PS3
    it should recognize it

Its nice to give advice to another PS3 owner

dazlia
    get a copy of 'Nero Media Home' and that is dead simple. All you do is install on your PC and itr detects your wireless network. Tell it which folders to share and when you turn your ps3 on it detects your pc as a 'media server' and shows you the video files in teh folder you shared. Genuis! :~)

hope that helps although looking at the date of this post you probably sorted it by now but this might help someone else reading this with same question lol