Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does getting tubal ligation make you gain weight or make it hard to lose weight?

I got my tubes tied and my friends say that you gain weight or have a hard time losing weight when you do that? I was wondering if it were true.

Unregistered

Mail

Yes, getting a tubal ligation will make you gain weight. Four years after my surgery, the weight started coming. I have always been a 3/4 or 5. Now I wear a 9/10. The weight will begin at your waistline, then the weight will continue to go to the thighs. I have tried every diet to lose weight and the only one that worked for me was the atkins. Your thighs will begin to store fat which is not nice looking. I regret getting that surgery and wish I had it to do all over again. No one ever mentioned the weight gain which is the worst part of the side effect

Unregistered
    i HAD A TUBAL A YEAR AGO AND I'M STARTING TO GAIN WEIGHT ALSO AROUND MY WAIST AND THIGHS. I HAVE A TREADMILL AND CUT BACK ON FOOD AND IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE HELPING. MY FRIEND JUST SUGGESTED EARLIER TODAY THAT MAYBE THE TUBAL WAS THE REASON. I'M VERY DEPRESSED NOW THAT I'VE READ THIS.

Unregistered

weight gain after tubal

I gained over 100 lbs in the first yr after my tubal. I gained no more than 120lbs (not pregnant) since after my first child. After my 14th child I decided to have the tubal. I was 131 lbs the morning after child birth and had the tubal. I weighed 162 before I left the hospital. I went in pregnant weighing 158 lbs. I asked the Dr and was told it was because they had to bloat my abdomen to proceed because my uterus was tight. (the good thing about being in sports and active my whole life) I had major gas for 2 months and kept gaining weight. I peaked at 221 lbs and all the Dr's would say is I eat too much.

briteyes6497
    i believe it to be true. everybody that i know that got thier tubes tied including me gained weight and is still struggling with it.I dont know if this true but i also believe that it causes other problems like cist on overies becuase 3 people that i know had something wrong with thier female organs all of them it was something to do with thier overies. so now im worried about my self. but i cant say for sure but the similarities kind of seam like it. what do you think?

Unregistered

Truth

I know that after having my 1st 2 kids I was able to quickly restore down to my normal weight but then after my 3rd child I decided to tie my tubes and I gained weight rather then lose it like I normally would do so I do believe strongly that it causes you to gain cause my normal weight is 115-125 its been 5 yrs since my last child and I weigh 175 and thats with diet and running so I'm thinking to reversing the sergery...

Unregistered
    I started to gain about 6 weeks after mine. It seemed like my food wouldn't go down and and that was in 1997. My doctor recently told me it is because they put air in your belly when you get a tubal. I have gained nearly 80 pounds and can't get rid of it.

Unregistered
    i also had my tubes done back in 2004 after my 5th daughter i was 165lbs after having her now i weight 295lbs thats 130lbs i never had a hard time losing weight till now i tried everything i am getting them reverised a/s/a/p i am very angry because before i had them done i asked the dr will anything change with my body if i had this done he told me no everything would be the same

Crod806

Weight after TUBAL

After reading all these posts I fel no hope to get back to the way I once was. I too have gained a lot of wieght after have my tubal. Before I decided to get one I would get opinions from random people and I had one lady tell me she gained 70 lbs. after having hers done. I thought she was trying to put off her being big on something. Heck no it is soooo true and they fail to tell you this! Very upset!!!!

Unregistered
    I got my tubes tired after my 3rd child and I have always been a size 3 to 5 and 110 to 115 pounds. I got my tubes tied January 26th and have gained a LOT of WEIGHT so far. I am now in a size 16 pants and I eat salad no cheese and no dressing for lunch and thats pretty much all I eat all day no soda no coffee only water. I have went to doctors about the weight gain and they tell me it is my calorie intake. Well I eat nothing and still gain. I also just discovered I have fibroids in my uterus so they took them out 1 was 5.8 cm and they said I would lose weight, I weighed 155, now I am 186!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish my husband would have went through the " snip snip" instead of me I about cry when I see my reflection. I have never in my life been this big and getting bigger and never had that over lapping belly and rolls under my bra. If anyone finds out if reversal work please let me know. I hate the daily crying and so embarrased to leave the house or see long time friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast