Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I complain about my professor?

During the exam my professor said, "don't any of you cheat, I know all the tricks, I was a student once, too you know." then he looked right at me.
    I skipped that class all semester, he doesn't know a thing about my character. I never bloody cheat.
    Then, he said, "since I'm not going to see you all again, I'll say adieu now" (literally, "until God"). Then he looked at me, then at the others and said "unless you don't believe in that sort of thing." and all the students (mostly athiests) started laughing and looking at me.

Should i allow him to make fun of the fact that I'm religious in front of everyone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, because,

"He who has no sin, cast the first stone",

And,

"Pray for those that sin against you"

Downloads
    Uploads
    u could have spoken up and asked him why he's looking at you. but u need to consider what the consequences can be for you if he decides that he really doesn't like you.

my dad is really strict about not challenging authority and about how professors and the like can make things really difficult for you if u try to challenge them. harsher marking? bad references? less help given?

and he knows of somebody who had a tiff with a professor and ended up getting a really bad reference which ended up having a really big impact for his future. the professor wrote something like: "this person would be happier in their own country". but this was about 30 yrs ago.

but really, get ur degree, do really well, and then u'll be the one laughing. trying to get justice could end up hurting you more than hurting him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes u should talk to him,coz if u don't he gonna make ur life hard

good luck

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just ignore him. Prove him wrong by getting the highest marks in the class....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sura Mutafifeen

29. Verily! (During the worldly life) those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed.

30. And whenever they passed by them, used to wink one to another (in mockery);

31. And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting;

32. And when they saw them, they said: "Verily! These have indeed gone astray!"

33. But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as watchers over them (the believers).

34. But this Day (the Day of Resurrection) those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers

35. On (high) thrones, looking (at all things).

36. Are not the disbelievers paid (fully) for what they used to do?

Downloads
    Uploads
    While you should trust that Allah will take care of him and the students laughing at you, the Qur'an also says to pursue the evildoers and fight them in the ways of Allah (non-violently).

That this man has different religious views from you is his right, but it is not his right to harass you for yours. He is being abusive and quite likely violating the terms of his employment contract. If he did it to you, he will do it to others.

If the semester is over and your grade has been submitted by him, you can choose to make an official complaint to your school. Without witnesses (unless you have some) and with these being statements the school can claim you misinterpreted, nothing is likely to happen on the surface. In other words, the school will likely deny he did anything wrong, but behind closed doors will give him a stern lecture about tolerance and keeping his own prejudice out of the classroom and that will be helpful for other students who take his classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While you should trust that Allah will take care of him and the students laughing at you, the Qur'an also says to pursue the evildoers and fight them in the ways of Allah (non-violently).

That this man has different religious views from you is his right, but it is not his right to harass you for yours. He is being abusive and quite likely violating the terms of his employment contract. If he did it to you, he will do it to others.

If the semester is over and your grade has been submitted by him, you can choose to make an official complaint to your school. Without witnesses (unless you have some) and with these being statements the school can claim you misinterpreted, nothing is likely to happen on the surface. In other words, the school will likely deny he did anything wrong, but behind closed doors will give him a stern lecture about tolerance and keeping his own prejudice out of the classroom and that will be helpful for other students who take his classes.