Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unregistered
    guyz even i hav the same problem, i am21 n my upperbody iz proper but as u see down its weirdly thin....which makes me feel weird n being a girl i feel lik wearin dresses n shorts but cant i cant wear anythin which reavels my leg....am plannin to join the gym hope it hlps

plz giv me some tips if i shud join the gym or nt??

Unregistered
    There is no such thing as spot reduction. You can't work 2000 calories "off your upper body." You were most likely like everyone else, building their upper bodies for years until you noticed that your legs were tiny. I did the same thing and I'm working that problem out right now. The reason you can build your upper body quicker than your lower body right now is because you've developed large veins in your upper body from weight lifting which carry nutrients quicker to the muscles in your upper body. Having neglected your legs for years, you don't have them in your lower body... so you need to keep working them out consistently until you develop them.

devote an entire 45 minute weight lifting session to your legs... once a week, and no more. you will overwork your legs like most people do with their abs and you'll end up with flat little chicken legs because they have no time to grow, you're not hitting them hard enough because they are still fatigued and so forth.

Also, consume 1gram protein per gram of body weight. divide that number by six. and have that divided number amount of protein every 2-2.5 hrs. that's how much protein you need and how often you need to eat it. You don't need to consume 100 grams of protein in one sitting. that would actually be a waste of your time because protein is excreted RAPIDLY from your body and most of that 100 grams will be in your pee.

Unregistered

Heart New skinny legs is a nightmare

having skinny legs is what makes me unhappy,depress...and lonely.i have a boyfriend who loves me a lot ,he does not care about my looks but rather to my love .he loves me intensly.i wish i could wear mini skirts,fashionable knee lenght dresses,leggings,shorts...and besides he loves high heels shoes that i unfortunately cannot wear.i look different and beautiful in mini and shorts but when u have a closer look it looks horrible.i have always hidden myself in jeans of which am fed up now.i want to be as other girls and feel confident beside him(he is very hansome and looks like a model )and i look very small,with chicken legs,hair falling out(i used to have very beautiful silky hair)....stress made me ugly and i became more self conscious about my legs...i even wanted to opt for surgery in order to have a pair of well shaped legs*( my mom have skinny legs=genetic ) i wish to have an advice ....or i may end up in a broken relationship (because i feel guilty of not as a normal girl and to give him what he deserves :a beautiful girl)

Unregistered
    You guys are doing this all wrong.

This is what you need to do:

Train your legs in the gym only 2 times a week. But train them HARD! 5 sets of squats, 5 sets of leg presses and 1 super set of leg extensions with 30-40 repetitions.

10 sets for your hams and another 10 sets for your calves.

Sleep 8-10 hours a day. Eat about 150g of protein a day. You'll fart out a colon but your legs will get bigger.

I work out legs on Monday, upper body on Tuesday, rest on Wednesday.

Thursday legs again, Friday upper and Saturday maybe a spin class or something.
    Sunday rest.

I am Indian, so genetically I had skinny legs, but with this workout in the last year I put on 7 kilos and my legs have started getting big. Hope this helps you.

rijracer

Increasing calf size - solution

I am 26 years old - only weigh 40kg my calves are disproportionally skinny compared with my thighs. I find some excercises - calf focused, actually make the problem worse. The only thing I have found that ACTUALLY works is going to "Step" classes at the gym. There's no weights involved and it's all-girls so its not so daunting and once you get into it, it's really good. I'm sure its made my thighs trimmer too.

Hope that helps?

Also avoid wearing really high heels - think it exhasperates the issue.

brafe
    i have the same problem with skinny legs :/
    i'm training for the raf regiment so i can run 3 miles comfortly at 25 mins and i get a lil tired if i do it under 21 but i jst cant build my legs. ive started doing squat now and i am going to work a sprint sesion into my training, i put a half inch on mylegs in a month, maybe you guys should try it??

Unregistered

chicken legs

I have chicken legs as well. I hated gym class because I always wore sweats and everyone else wore shorts. I hate summer because I wish so badly to wear shorts but I feel too embarrassed, I feel everyone stares at my legs. I try to bulk my legs up but I don't think I can add any mass. Maybe it is something we are all stuck with. At least we're all in the same boat together.

Junior Member Alexandergrahambell's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Its quite interesting to know that you are having the chicken legs(with good physique over all).All the advices people put here in your case are useless and the best thing you can do is that you need to arrange a meeting with a doctor in nearest health care center.He can advice you better in this regard.

Unregistered
    The reason you can't get bigger shapely legs is, your geans.
    IT's just herotary.

Unregistered
    Hey, I am 13 years old and I know EXACTLY what you mean..
    I know I'm only 13 and I shouldn't be worrying about all this stuff, but I've ALWAYS hated my legs, I never wear shorts either :L

Answer: LUNGES AND SQUATS. They've helped me SOOO much, and going about 3 times a week to the Gym has helped too. I know it sounds too much like hard work, but trust me, I've noticed a HUUUUGE differece!
    If you don't know how to do lunges, then go on Youtube and type it in, that's what I did :L Or ask one of the guys down the Gym
    Pleaaaaase don't listen to anything people say at school, there jerks.
    Hope i helped ;D xxx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast