Should I Try Out For The Basketball Team?

A

Alex R

OK. So people in my school keep asking me if I'm trying out for the school basketball team. I'm a Junior, 6'5, and weigh 260 lbs. I feel that I should weight until next year to try out because I don't know if I am physically ready to try out for the basketball team. Don't get me wrong, I'm GOOD at basketball, I'm a big man and I can shoot free throws, but my problem is endurance. I don't know if I will be ready to run up and down the court for 32 minutes. Also I can't dunk yet (I'm like 2 or 3 inches away). If the tryout is based on skill rather than endurance I can see myself playing off the bench for a couple of minutes a game until I drop weight and probably start next year. So should I try out for the basketball team or train for the next year and try out my senior year? Also what type of work outs do they do in high school basketball

Try out. Your 6'5", and 260 lbs thats BEASTLY. You'd make a great center being the one who mostly will get fouled and your good at free throws! TRY OUT DUDE!

Definately! I dont know much but you sound pretty deticated.

yes!!
trying never killed anyone! plus you have a really good chance to get in!!!
remember practice makes perfect!!!

good luck!!!!

Back