Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

LG rumor battery won't charge?

4 days ago i got a lime green LG rumor, with full battery. When i tried charging it with the supplied travel charger, a lightening icon comes on the battery together with blinking red lights and beeps, irregular pattern, but the battery does not charge. From 3 bars it came to 2 and today one bar.
    Today i got a low battery warning while plugged onto the charger, and the phone went off. I checked the charger with a voltmeter, 4.18 volts so the charger works. The port also works, as on removing the battery i checked the terminals, they too have 4.18 V. So i guess for some reason the battery will not charge. I'll take it to the store today, hopefully they can resolve this.

Anyone with this issue ?

Unregistered
    I have the same problem! But i cant tell the voltage

Unregistered
    Many people are complaining about this same thing. Apparently it is an LG DESIGN DEFECT where one of the charging pins on the main board breaks off. LG offers a 1 year warranty on the LG Rumor, but according to other people they are REFUSING to honor their warranty commitments. I suggest filing an FTC complaint against LG if this is the case for you. For more info:
    LG Rumor not charging - warranty not honored | Geldpress

Unregistered
    I have the same problem with two different LG Rumor phones. Sprint did replace my phones but I'm not sure if they will replace this third phone. I want a new phone.

Unregistered
    This phone is crazy. I have a lg rumor that will not charge. Im just saying if i have to get a new phone i wont even b able 2 get # out or any really i portant stuff bcuz the dumb thimg wont turn on.

Frm The very angry

Unregistered
    yeah, i'm having the same problem except mine is a virginmobile cell, i wonder if i bring it back to the store i bought it at if they would exchange it for me? i have all my packageing and what not so hopefully

Unregistered

Doctor yess

i had the same problem with my LG rumor... it wouldnt charge and i had to put it in weird positions for it to charge like hold the charger really tight and press down and it wasnt the charger so i dunno i got a new one and it works fine.. but this one blinks red on the sides for NO REASON i dont have email messages nothing.... anybody no why?

Unregistered

Cd i HATE LG rumors!!!

I have a LG rumor and it won't charge unless you put the cord in a wierd position so i don't know. My mom told me we will go check if it is the charge and if it isn't then i am defintly getting a new fone cause i have 3 friends that have the same fone and it broke on them. like the screen went all white or my one had the same problem as me!!!! i hope that i can just get a new fone... i don't recomend this fone 2 anyone!!!

Unregistered

omg

i got my rumor a while ago. the first one broke on my mistake. it went completely dead last night and now it wont charge. i cant even turn it on. I HATE THE RUMOR AND I HATE SPRINT!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

red light

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i had the same problem with my LG rumor... it wouldnt charge and i had to put it in weird positions for it to charge like hold the charger really tight and press down and it wasnt the charger so i dunno i got a new one and it works fine.. but this one blinks red on the sides for NO REASON i dont have email messages nothing.... anybody no why?
    i was wonderin why it was doin that and i realized it does it when u get a picturemail. or thats why it does it for me, anyway. if u restart it it will stop

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast