Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

My wireless internet is really slow but connection says 'excellent' at 11 mbps,...

...what is going on? It is just my laptop also.. There are two other laptops in the house and they are running perfectly fine on the wireless network. It just recently started to go slow, I'm not sure if I messed up my settings or something when trying to connect to an wireless internet at another house that wasn't working correctly.. Does anyone know anything about what I can do and If I can reset any settings that I may have messed up? I have no idea what is wrong...

Unregistered
    To increase internet speed
    * Check to see if faster internet connections are in your area:
    Fiber optic and cable internet tend to be faster than DSL and dial-Up.
    *Do some basic maintenance on your PC:
    a scan disk, a virus scan, a malware scan, and clear your recycle bin.Delete old files and temporary files.
    * Reset Your Modem
    Sometimes switching OFF and ON your modem helps you to speed the internet.
    * Optimize your cache or temporary Internet files.
    These files improve your Internet connection performance by not downloading the same file over and over.
    * Replace your old cable modem
    * Upgrade your router firmware
    * Upgrade your computer.
    * Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete simultaneously and open up the Task Manager. Go to the process menu and close those processes that may be stealing your valuable bandwidth.
    * Download programs that make browsing faster:
    A good tool to increase internet speed is Internet Cyclone.
    Loband.org is a browser inside of a browser that loads web pages without the images.
    Firefox and Opera both have options to disable images.

After you have tried some of this,try your connection again using Scanmyspeed.com and see if you get improved speed results. If you are not satisfied Call your Internet service provider (ISP) and check whether upgradation of your plan is necessary.