Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    jump

Tell me something about quadratic

equations?

s_parz
    You can solve quadric equations of the formax² + bx + c = 0Example: 2x² + 5x + 23 = 0with the following formula:x1 = (-b + sqrt(b² - 4*a*c)) / (2*a)x2 = (-b - sqrt(b² - 4*a*c)) / (2*a)where x1 and x2 are the two possible solutions of the equation.More details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_equations

just2rup
    What is a quadratic equation?A quadratic equation is an equation that can be written in this form. ax2+bx+c=0 The a,b, and c here represent real number coefficients. So this means we are talking about an equation that is a constant times the variable squared plus a constant times the variable plus a constant equals zero, where the coefficient a on the variable squared can't be zero, because if it were then it would be a linear equation. Examples2x2+3x+1=0, x2+x=2x+3, (x+2)(x+3)=5 All these equations are equivalent to equations of the above form. The first one is already in that form. The second one can be put into it by subtracting 2x+3 from both sides. The third one can be put into it by multiplying out and then subtracting 5 from both sides.

sidrajkal
    the general formula-ax(square)+bx+c

gylcomn
    The formula for a quadratic equation is as follows: AX^2+BX+C=0the formula to solve any quadratic equation is as follows: -b +or- the squareroot of b^2 - 4ac all over 2a. That is, if you put the equation in standard form such that it goes (a)+(b)+(c)=0. If and only if (a) is the term with the variable to the highest power, b is a number times a variable, and c is just a number.EX: A^2+3A-4 Normally you could not solve this equation by factoring. So you use the formula. (-3+Squareroot of(9-4*1*-4))/(2)This is an imaginary answer because the squareroot of -7 is (2.6457...*i)^2. the entire answer would be: ((-3+(2.6457...*i))/2) and ((-3-2.6457...*i))/2)

Rafi
    ax^2 + bx + c = 0-----------------delta= b^2 - 4acif delta > 0 then x1= (-b + Sqrt(delta))/2a x2= (-b - Sqrt(delta))/2a [x1 and x2 are two real numbers]if delta = 0 then x= -b/2a [x is a real number]if delta < 0 then x1= (-b + i*Sqrt(-delta))/2a x2= (-b - i*Sqrt(-delta))/2a i= sqrt(-1) [x1 and x2 are two complex numbers]