I just brought home my first snake - a ball python named Stanley... and I have a

Trish

May 16, 2008
few questions? When I went to pick out Stanley (I got him from a reptile store - he is farm born and raised) he was a little go getter. He crawled right up my arm and crawled around my hands and arms while the guys were going over all his care with me, and never even balled up.

I got him home and took him out while my hubby and I set up the tank and he was curious as hell and moving all around. I put him in his tank and took him back out a few times while we were setting stuff up (My hubby was helping and he wouldn't reach into the tank with the snake in there)

I left him in there for a bit and took him out one more time and he crawled right up my arm right away and once I got stuff settled I put him back in.

Anyways, the tank was a good tempertaure and everything was all set so I went to sleep for 4 hours. Anyways I get up and came to look at him and he is hiding and won't come out. I tried to pick him up and he just curled up and wouldn't move around and was very jumpy. What changed?

Back