Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

why is alcohol legal but worse and maryjane is illegal all the way around....

...why is this? politics ? alcohol is the worse drug out there but yet its completly legal to sit at home and get drunk off your butt, but yet you can't sit at home and get high. why is this. alcohol is very bad for you, liver disease cirrosis, poisioning. and i haven't heard anything bad about weed. i mean there are side affets and addiction but the same thing goes for alcohol. so why is alcohol legal when used correctly and weed isn't. is this because of politics. i mean people with MS and CANCER who might i add have pain smoke weed and it helps. weed is more of a remedy than a drug and if we okayed it our country could gets its stuff together and use it as a pharmacuetical and get out of debt. make factorys, hire workers, and imort and export. its not that hard. but i guess people have their minds set on it and wont change but if we can get people to open up and see the positive and the good about weed it can help. Nothing against alcohol when its used correctly, but people need to stop being hippocritical.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't nothing against weed, trust me but...
    You have to face up weed is not good for you. It can be addictive and as people normally smoke it with tobacco you get all the ill effects from that. Weed can lead to cancers such as tounge and throat cancer.
    Alcohol isn't always bad, red wine can be good for your heart and in general shouldn't lead to any bad effects if units are moderated. Also people can hardly passive drink. Weed can also lead to infertility. I'm not putting it down, as I do like weed... oops, but you can't deny it is not good for you.

Plus if you just want to know why alcohol as a drug is legal. It's because of money. The economy makes loads from alcohol so why would they stop selling it, it's like tobacco.

Um also LK you need to specify where, as if I was found with even a tiny bit of cannabis in Britain it would not be a misdemeanor!

Downloads
    Uploads
    i agree that alcohol is much worse. Marijuana became illegal after prohibition in the 1920's. Once alcohol was made illegal, then legal again with the 18th amendment, they needed something else to make illegal in order to make money off of it (tickets, etc). Plus if they find a car, house, land, or anything that was a part of the making or selling drugs the municipality who finds it keeps it, that is why sometimes you will see undercover police in a Corvette. That was taken away due to Illegal behaviors. You are right it is all politics, it is more profitable to keep it illegal than to legalize it. But currently some laws are changing making posses ion of small quantities either a misdemeanor on nothing at all.