Why Wouldn't China Allow USA Relief? What's up with that?

Eileen

May 14, 2008
Hi,
I was just wondering what you guys thought about China not allowing us to help them after the major earthquake they had?
I mean, we had planes loaded standing by waiting for the go ahead from China to help rescue and treat the injured after that awful earthquake. I mean they would rather let people die horrific deaths, trapped (many of them children under colapsed schools) rather then allow us in to help with food and medical relief? Whats up with that? I just wanted some oppinions on this....It's just mind boggeling to me.

Love,
Eileen

China's USED to big Disasters- so it has aLOT of experience with handling them. It ALSO- has all the "warm bodies" it needs- to get the Aid to where it's people need it. Since it's much more Prosperous that it used to be (Thanks to OUR buying all its products- at Wal-Mart!), it now has plenty of it's OWN resources to apply to whatever kind of Disaster occurs. SO, it can afford to (respectfully) decline, or pick & choose- whatever aid it needs... China's a "big boy" -now! :)

Unlike many nations, China is highly capable of responding to disasters within its territory. (That doesn't mean they always bother, but they can.) They would lose face if they agreed to accept help from the outside; not to mention, they enjoy tweaking the US at every opportunity.

Back