Internet Explorer. all windows close when I click the x to just close one. please

JM

Mar 15, 2008
help? I just bought this laptop 3 days ago, my bf also bought one they are both running vista.

Ok when I close on interent window it closes all of them.

I have read aother answere saying to close tabs and so on instead of the big x but there is still a problem.

When I try to download something and it pops up a little download window withthe percent complete, when that is finished and closes it sitll closes all my windows. how can I change this. My boyfriends doesn't have this problem and we are running the same systems.

thanks

go to Tools on your browser's menu bar>>> scroll to Internet Options>>> General tab>>>move down to Tab and click on settings this should help you set your tab preferences.
or go to the Advance tab and select your browsing preferences.

I am sorry I misunderstood the ? after the post.(disregard)

I run Windows Vista on my Dell laptop, and I understand what you are saying. You have to click exactly the red big x, don't push the cursor into the corner of the screen which it is not touching the x but the x of the window behind the one that is open.
As for downloading, I would suggest contacting Microsoft or Customer Service and ask how do avoid your issue. Maybe your computer is defective. I don't have that problem. Good luck!

Back