hiding behind racist comments on the internet?

geminipoetgirl

May 13, 2008
i'm so tired of people making overtly racist comments on the internet. cowards get on here and they make comments that they would never have the cajones to say to a person's face. if a white person has a legitmate question (such as asking the importance of the church in the black community) i have no problem giving an honest, intelligent answer. but it burns me when people ask stupid things like "why don't black people just get jobs, get off of welfare and stop having babies?"

as a race, we are expected to look past years of persecution and torture and live with the affects of it today. i'm open to discussions of race, but why bother when some people hold steadfast to their own ignorant stances? why get on the internet and rant? if a racist thinks their stance is the right one, why not go to an unanonymous public forum rather than hiding? we can't hide being black, so why hide your ignorance?
once again, if it is what you believe, you shouldn't hide it. people don't hide being Chrisitians or Catholic. if you feel that your racist stance is correct, be man or woman enough to stand by it.

Back