Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

who do I call for Satellite TV in Ontario Canada? Not BELL!!?

Hi

I've been with Bell Express Vu for years now and they clearly don't appreciate anyone's business. So I want to change to another provider? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Unregistered
    I'm right there with you! I can't stand Bell anymore. I'm also looking for a new provider!

Unregistered

My daily rant

Ya tell me about it and their only competitor for miles is Star Choice which is just as bad or worse. Someone help us. Shaw's in Alberta is a great deal with shitty support been there done that. Rogers and Cogeco don't service rural areas and apparently we can't get Direct TV yet either so Bell gets to rip us off left and right just like Ontario Hydro or sorry have they changed their name again so that they don't have to pay their bills but we have to pay a debt relief? I'm so fed up with both of them I'm willing to bet 90% of Bell and Hydro's current customers are right there with me but no other service providers are willing to step in and make a killing when everyone switched over. COME ON ALL THEY NEED IS SOME COMPETITION AND THEY'LL HAVE TO LOWER PRICES IN RURAL COMMUNITIES! HELP US!

Unregistered

Home ph & net co's other than the known

I just found a small company in Ontario that services rural areas in a certian proximity to their main office (not sure of specifics as just found them). North Frontenac Telecommunications Company. They have telephone and dial up and DSL service...no television tho....prehaps there are small companies in your area(s) too.

Unregistered
    I cancelled Bell Satellite in June. I hated their services for 9 years, or lack of it. Same for Hydro. There is no services for rural Ontario. Rogers should step up.

Unregistered

forget bell or rogers or anyone

I suggest you get a good antenna. Invest about $100 and you will be happy with 3 4 or 5 channels. If enough of us do this then no worries. The monopolies will stepp up and call you back......
    Try it for a year if we get a thousand people or so thats 1MM dollars out of their pocket.
    If we get 100,ooo then say goodbye to bell and rogers...thats 100MM loss for them

Unregistered

rogers sucks

dont go to rogers ever bill i get from them is wrong

geomich

im with ya

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I suggest you get a good antenna. Invest about $100 and you will be happy with 3 4 or 5 channels. If enough of us do this then no worries. The monopolies will stepp up and call you back......
    Try it for a year if we get a thousand people or so thats 1MM dollars out of their pocket.
    If we get 100,ooo then say goodbye to bell and rogers...thats 100MM loss for them
    Now thats a good idea im in rural ontario and BELL is really bad - i dont get cable out here - Rogers said they dont come this fair yet - anyways i just took down the antena of my roof last year cause it was an eye sore lol now im really thinking about going out in the fields and getting it put back up on my house and watch what ever i can get - so count me in ...

Unregistered

Bell Express Vu SUCKS

I am having the same problems with Bell Express Vu - every bill is wrong!! They double bill, don't apply promised credits and there is NOTHING that we can do. Can't someone step up and provide some competition?? It is ridiculous living in the country and being held hostage by this company for everything!!!!

Unregistered
    I only know Bell and Rogers, but I know they both suck and I will avoid doing business with either one if I can help it. For home phone I tried to go with Rogers but they apparently don't know how to give you a plain phone despite what they advertise, so I went with Bell. I have no long distance plan with Bell, instead I signed up for unlimited long distance with Worldline for $4 a month. For internet a did some research and found a website that tells you all the internet service providers by city, along user comments and ratings which was helpful because it allowed me to find a company called Caneris, $25 per month for high speed and no problems, and I'm satisfied. Now we are looking at getting television (I can live without it, so can my 20 month old because she'll watch youtube, but my wife misses tv). I realize antanna may require an additional device because it's HD, and I'm not sure if it will work because the tv is not HD. I was looking to see if there might be another company that offers television, such as by satellite, but I guess placing satellites in orbit is pretty expensive so that would be the barrier to entry (or setting up a new cable network, in the case of cable tv). Plus the only channel my wife really wants is Food TV, because it's happy, so I wonder if there is an alternative other than simply buying tv shows on dvd, which might get complicated. Maybe I'll just get a small package with Rogers or Bell ExpressVu but I don't really want to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast